Thursday, November 8, 2012

Bedside Blogger #18 NaNoWriMo: My 50k In 30 Days

Ok everyone! If you didn't already know, its NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) 50K in 30 days!!

http://www.nanowrimo.org

I am currently at 8500 words and its getting tough to find the time but I'm trudging along. To give some insight and to procrastinate a little I wanted to give a description of my novel and throw in a little passage.

Erin is a twenty something college student, works as a waitress at a local bar during the nights and weekends while going to school for Biology (at the moment). Her friends and co-workers think that she is just a withdrawn person who doesn't like to be apart of a crowd but in reality she is a sub/dom sexually divalent. It is written from her point of view over a few months time where we find out her hunting patterns, a few kinky partners and how she become the promiscuous being that she is. We also have to hear, helplessly, the trouble she gets into and how it changes her whole world. Its a dirty, raunchy tale full of hot sex and big decisions. Here is a small passage:


As if it was a scene from a movie, the front door opens, the bar seems to fall silent, the air stagnant. His hair and eyes are dark like slate and are accompanied by a rugged jaw, shadowed with specks of red and brown that frame a perfect smile that could melt glass. I have acquired a new target, swaggering in with a presence that I could not rightly ignore, from across the bar I can see that his eyes have landed on me as well but he is distracted away by the bar tender. He is more than likely dominant in bed, I can tell by the power tie that has been loosened to lay down on his white cotton dress shirt and the way his sleeves are rolled up to his middle forearm. Gray slacks, black belt, and dress shoes complete his business man attire. He must not be from around here because the only guys that dress so nicely in this bar are the Mormons who try to convert everyone on lingerie night. 


I am very excited about this and plan on making a few copies for a select few people.
Wish me luck!!!

K. Lucas

1 comment:

  1. NanoWriMo can be fun and very tough. Did you win? I know I did not, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete