Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Entry #2 Tattoos- A Lifestyle



Entry #2 Tattoos

First off let me say that not everyone will agree with my opinions or views on everything... deal with it. My blog, my rules. 
Second, tattoos and body mods are everywhere and now are more accepted in society, so no one should be too offended by my entries. 
Now then, I am a tattoo whore!! I have some of my own and mostly everyone I've ever found remotely attractive has ink and muscles... but that's another entry completely. Tattoos are art and usually have great meaning to the person so is not only getting one but the person who is giving it. Good tattoo artist find new tattoo ideas to be a challenge and to be exciting. Even the best tattoo artist in the country learn new skills and techniques all the time. 
I'd like to give a little history and science behind tattoos and the tattooing process real quick just for some depth and understanding. 
Tattoos have been around since the beginning of human civilization. The earliest dating back to the neolithic era, new stone age, these tattoos are thought to be symbols of healing or healers of the body. Most ancient cultures have distinguishing markings for persons in society. Such as, pharaohs, healers, and prisoners. Many modern religions still use tattoos for symbolization of their deities powers or cultural significance. 
The modern tattooing process starts with a one or group needle guns penetrating the top first few layers of skin with carbon based pigments. 
Fresh tattoos usually take about a week and a half to heal and if done right add to a persons body aesthetics. 
Many people get tattoos to mark a milestone in their lives or to commemorate an event such as a birth or death in ones family.
Although, there are those who get tattoos for no purpose, not a fan of these people. Tattoos should express ones inner most definition of their personality, not just to look like a bad ass. But to each their own, right? 
I am currently trying to find a local Indy tattoo artist to join my network of blog interviews. Hopefully, I will have some good pictures and inside looks into the world of tattoo artists. 
I will leave you with my newest contribution to my body canvas, and certainly not my last!

No comments:

Post a Comment